(A Quick Post)
I have been working like a bee with small business-owners, individual clients and lately, big corporate ones. There have been subtle shades of differences working for the two extremes, and here’s a candid admission of the same:
– Abandoning smaller fish, at least for sometime, is the norm. Once you have these biggies hovering all over you, you cannot think keep the small once simply due to the excessive demands.
– A formal contract signing is usually expected by the bigger ones. Although it is a professional practice, making sure there are no little entrapments saves the provider.
– Pay-day on fixed dates–one big client I recently worked with (though on a small project), pays only on Fridays. The other pays twice a month.
– You see more than a good hefty pay. Yes, all those expectations lead to a really lavish payday. And boy that feels good! ;)
– They are keener to read your website/blog and don’t limit themselves to reading your samples.
There, some of my observations laid out̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶–will keep them updated as I dive in more.